A long-running lawsuit between the State of Wisconsin and Tyco Fire Products over PFAS contamination may soon be settled. The Department of Justice sued Johnson Controls and Tyco in 2022, accusing the companies of violating the state’s hazardous spills law, failing to notify the DNR of a PFAS discharge, and failing to clean up contamination at the Fire Technology Center in Marinette. Tyco has denied the allegations. In court Wednesday, defense attorney Liam Montgomery said the parties are “very close” to finalizing an agreement in principle. He said a recent in-person meeting was productive, but the deal still needs to be put into writing for the judge’s approval. The settlement is expected to outline cleanup responsibilities at the fire training center, payments to the state, and a process to resolve future disputes without returning to court. If a written plan isn’t submitted, both sides agreed to return for another status conference on December 19th. Tyco has previously stated it has spent more than $100 million dollars on groundwater extraction and treatment, soil removal, and providing clean water to nearby residents.
Settlement Talks Advance in Tyco PFAS Case…
Nov 28, 2025 | 6:42 AM









Comments